In an effort to keep applicant families, children and our school community safe and healthy, admissions for the 2021-2022 school year will be a virtual process. We recognize this is a unique way for you to get to know our school, program and facility and for us to get to know your family and child. A virtual admissions process allows for increased flexibility for families applying to our school, something that many families need at this moment in time. Whether you are an out of town applicant, working from home, juggling an unusual schedule, all while caring for your family, we are confident that you will be able to complete the steps below in a manner that is convenient for you.
Our goal is for this experience to be individualized and personal, flexible and most of all, enjoyable. We are truly looking forward to getting to know your family!
If you have any questions we encourage you to reach out to us directly here.
There are four steps to our admissions process: (1) Application (2) Lottery (3) Parent Visit and (4) Child Videos.
Step 1: Application
Complete an online application. Applications will be available here September 1st – November 1st.
- In order to proceed through our process, an application must be on file.
- An application is needed for all first time, re-applying and sibling applicants.
- There is a $75 application fee. The application fee will be refunded to families that do not make it through the lottery. If you are applying for financial aid, the application fee is waived.
- For families interested in applying after the November 1st deadline, please reach out directly to the admissions office as we will do our best to accommodate for unique circumstances.
Step 2: Admissions Lottery
We would love to meet all families interested in our school. However, we tend to receive a large number of requests for applications. Due to limited availability, we hold a lottery for applicants applying to our Toddler, 2s/3s and 3s/4s classes. Please note, all children applying to our 4s/5s program will automatically move forward. This lottery determines who moves forward with our application and touring process.
This season, in an effort to ensure ample time to meet each family individually, notification of lottery results will be emailed to applicants on a rolling basis so that families can begin to schedule their Parent Visits. Families who do not make it through the lottery will be notified by November 2nd.
Step 3: Parent Visits: Interview and Tour
For families continuing in the process, a virtual visit will be arranged for parents between October and January. A self-guided tour will take place prior to the Parent Visit.
- For parents only. Parents are encouraged to ask questions to learn as much as they can about our program.
- Parents of first-time applicants are required to attend a Parent Visit.
- Parents of sibling applicants and any families who are reapplying are welcome, but not required, to attend again.
Step 4: Getting to Know Your Child
As we will be unable to meet the children in person, we will be asking families to submit videos of their child during the month of January. Specific guidelines will be shared prior to submission but can include 30-60 second videos of: your child engaged in play with their favorite toys/activities, your child experiencing a family tradition/holiday, your child singing/reading, or anything that as a parent, makes you smile.
Step 5: Optional Panel Events
There will be a variety of optional events that applicant families can participate in throughout the process. Monthly panels will be held for applicant families to engage with current parents, teachers and administrators.
Open Houses will be held virtually on Thursday, September 24th and Tuesday, October 20th and are optional. An application is not required to attend this event. Sign up to attend an Open House here.
Letters of notification will be emailed to parents according to the dates specified by the Independent School Admissions Association of Greater New York (ISAAGNY). Families will be notified on Thursday, February 25, 2021 and will need to reply by noon on Thursday, March 4, 2021.
We truly value our current and past families and enjoy welcoming siblings to our community. All siblings are expected to apply at the Toddler or 2s/3s level.
- Siblings must submit an application.
- Siblings are exempt from the general lottery.
- Siblings will submit videos in November.
- For those applying for financial aid, submit forms between November 1st – December 15th.
- All siblings receive early notification in December unless a family contacts our office to note otherwise. Please note that early notification is never a guarantee of admission.
We do our absolute best to accommodate all sibling applicants after placing our returning students, but we cannot guarantee morning placement for all siblings.