GREENWICH HOUSE MUSIC SCHOOL COVID-19 STUDENT GUIDELINES
[as of September 8, 2021]
The following is a list of important steps and measures that all employees, students, and visitors of GHMS should understand and follow as we enter the Music School building.
- All employees of the Music School, including staff, faculty, teaching artists, and consultants are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or undergo regular weekly testing.
- All staff, faculty, and visitors must answer and sign a daily health questionnaire/symptom tracker, and have their temperature taken, before they enter the building. Visitors must also provide contact information, in order to facilitate contact tracing, if needed.
- As of October 25, all vaccine-eligible students must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or submit, on a weekly basis, a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the prior seven days. Any non-vaccine eligible children ages 6-12, will be required to present negative Covid-19 PCR test once per term, and before returning to school if you travel outside of the Tri-State area. Children 5 and under do not need to be tested.
- Please maintain social distancing as you enter and exit the building.
- All staff, faculty, and visitors to GHMS must wear facial coverings/masks at the Music School at all times.
- If you are sick, stay home, and contact the Registrar, and/or your teacher. In case of sickness, make up lessons may be scheduled for online with the faculty.
- The Music School building will be cleaned at least once per day, in accordance with CDC guidelines. Staff will clean common areas, such as lobbies, restroom sinks, door handles, etc., at least twice per day. Faculty will clean and disinfect instruments and shared objects between each use, as per CDC guidelines. A log with dates and times will be kept of cleaning and disinfection.
- Shared instruments will be cleaned in between each use. Pianos will be cleaned in accordance with Steinway COVID-19 guidelines, using EPA and CDC approved cleaner. Strings teachers will wear disposable gloves when handling student’s instruments.
- Students must bring their own strings, instruments, pencils and music.
- Each studio has a window that can open, as well as one clean, working fan that will help contribute to air flow.
- Woodwinds, voice, and brass students are required to be vaccinated for in-person learning. All non-eligible or unvaccinated students will learn remotely.
- To attend events (such as student recitals) and rent space at Greenwich House Music School, you must present proof of a Covid-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test result no later than 72 hours prior to building entry. Proof of vaccination can be your CDC card or a photo of your CDC card with ID, the NY State Excelsior pass app, or the NYC COVID Safe App.
- In the event of a positive COVID case in our community, the Music School will close for 24 hours for a deep cleaning. All community members will be immediately informed as a general alert, and anyone we know who came into “close contact” with that individual will be specifically informed.