- I’m not in a class. Do you offer drop-off firing services?
We currently only offer firing services to those currently enrolled in a multi-week class at the Pottery.
- I’m only in town for a day, can I book studio time?
Only students enrolled in multi-week classes can book Studio time. Students who would like to participate just one time are encouraged to check out our Sampler classes
- Can I bring my friend, pet, or child with me to the Pottery?
Our facilities are only open to current students ages 18 and older. Friends are welcome for brief student-led tours but are not allowed to make use of classrooms or community tools. The Pottery does not allow animals with the exception of certified service animals with the proper training and paperwork.
- I’m signed up for a class but will need to miss one. Can I attend another class or send a friend in my place?
Due to occupancy limits and the continuity of each class’s workflow, only the registered student may attend class. We do not provide make-up classes for those who cannot attend their class.
- Can I come into the studio outside of my class time to practice?
Currently-enrolled students can book four-hour studio sessions for $10 per reservation. You can find available studio session appointments here.
In order to make studio time more accessible, we are making Friday evening studio sessions available at $5 per reservation.
- Do I need to pay to come in to glaze my pieces?
No, glaze appointments are free of charge but you must make an appointment to secure a spot in the glaze room.
- What kinds of firings do you offer?
We offer the following firings at the Pottery:
- Cone 06 Bisque
- Cone 04
- Cone 2 (once per term, based on demand)
- Cone 6
- Cone 10
- Cone 014 (luster)
- How much does it cost to fire work at the Pottery?
We charge $0.03 per cubic inch, per firing. Students must pay for both bisque and glaze firings at once, meaning that each piece will be charged at $0.06 per cubic inch.
- What is the typical turn-around for firings?
Students should expect to wait 2-4 weeks in between each firing.
- Can I bring in my own clay and glazes?
Those who wish to use commercial glazes from outside the Pottery must seek approval from the studio manager. Please email studio manager Ryan Rennie at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions and requests.
- Do you offer classes for kids and teenagers?
Yes! Our afterschool pottery program is coordinated by Greenwich House’s Youth Community Center. For summer 2023, we are offering a Teen Wheel Intensive.
- Do you offer project consultations or fabrication services?
We take on a few fabrication projects each term. You can read more about our process and submit a request here.
- Does the Pottery offer private lessons or group events for birthdays, bachelorette parties, etc.?
Yes! We have limited availability for private lessons and events, though we require at least two weeks’ notice to book a private lesson or event of any kind. You can learn more and find our rates here.
- Do you offer financial aid of any kind?
Each year, the Pottery allocates $55,000 of its annual operating budget to support financial aid. Individuals with an Adjusted Gross Income of $70,000 or less are eligible to apply for aid. You can read more about our process and deadlines here.
- Do you have a mailing list?
You can sign up for updates from the Pottery here.
- Do you still require masks?
Masking is optional for students vaccinated against COVID-19. Those who are not vaccinated must wear a well-fitting mask while on the Pottery premises.
- I hear Greenwich House Pottery is expanding. How can I learn more?
To learn more about our Shape the Future Campaign visit ghpfuture.greenwichhouse.org.