- You must register before the first day of class.
- Once registration opens, you may register for fall, winter, spring classes at any point during the year, as long as the semester has not started yet.
- Students may register for more than one term at a time.
- Students may enroll up to two individuals, including themselves.
- Advanced students are not permitted to enroll in beginner level classes.
- All fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. In special circumstances, payment plans may be arranged. Inquire at the Pottery before submitting your registration.
- Workshop prices vary. If you wish to receive discounted registration for current students for a workshop, you must register in person.
Greenwich House Pottery has limited funds available for financial aid. Download the financial aid application here.
By registering for a class at Greenwich House Pottery, the student understands and accepts the Pottery’s policies and guidelines, which are outlined here. Greenwich House Pottery reserves the right to exclude from programs and activities anyone who fails to abide by the institution’s rules and practices.
- Studio Guidelines and all rules of conduct are detailed in the Pottery Handbook, which is also available in the Administration Office.
- A copy of our Clay and Glaze Handbook is available for purchase for $20 in the Administration Office or you may download the Clay and Glaze Handbook for free.
- LATE REGISTRATION: To ensure our instructors are able to communicate introductory information to all class participants, students should register at least one day prior to the first class meeting. Late registration for online courses will be permitted up to the second week of class. Registration after the second week of class may be permitted at the discretion of the instructor. We do not prorate for late registration.
- REFUNDS: There are no refunds available for Greenwich House Pottery Online courses.
- CLASS CANCELLATIONS: Classes with inadequate enrollment will be cancelled. Registered students will be notified as soon as possible and given the opportunity to transfer to another class. In the event that an alternative class cannot be chosen a refund will be issued. Refunds for cancelled classes will include the total cost of tuition.
- TRANSFERS: Transfer is permitted to another online class within the summer semester up to the second week of class, subject to tuition increase or credit.
- MAKE-UP CLASSES: The Pottery is not responsible for issuing reimbursements or providing make-up classes for those missed due to illnesses, substitute teachers, or other events beyond our control. Alternate make-up classes are not permitted. We do not prorate for missed classes.
- All programs are subject to change or cancellation.
- Greenwich House is committed to fostering cultural diversity and has a non-discrimination policy that provides equal opportunity for all members of the community.
Receive firing credits when you register:
“The Devotee”: Sign up for two 12-week classes in one term and receive a $50
“The Regular”: Sign up for Fall, Winter and Spring 12-week classes or any three 12-week classes all at once and receive a $100 firing credit.
“Refer a Friend”: Returning students who get a friend (who has not previously taken classes at the pottery) to sign up for a class will receive a $50 firing credit. Plus, you friend will receive a $25 firing credit.
CREDITS MUST BE REQUESTED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
Firing fees are calculated at 6 cents per cubic inch, which includes both bisque and glaze firings. There is a $1 minimum firing charge on all pieces, including single fired work (such as stacked greenware) or 3 cents for single firing. GHP offers incremental discounts for individual pieces that cost over $10 to fire.
• For pieces over $10: 10% discount of the amount in excess of $10.
• For pieces over $50: 25% discount of the amount in excess of $10.
• For pieces over $100: 35% discount of the amount in excess of $50.