Greenwich House, Inc. values and respects your right to privacy. This site allows you to conduct certain activities online such as making a donation and contacting our organization. These activities may ask you to provide personal information like your name, address or e-mail address.
Greenwich House, Inc. uses this information for the following reasons only:
- To process registrations and activities you conduct online
- To respond to your questions about our services
- To conduct marketing and to inform the Greenwich House community of activities through email campaigns, newsletters, etc.
- To record information in our donor database
Your information is never shared with any third parties.
All credit card transactions conducted on this site are routed through a secure server via Blackbaud. The secure server can send and receive private information across the public Internet by scrambling (encrypting) it. Blackbaud complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) and the Payment Application Data Security Standard (PA-DSS). Payment information is never stored in Greenwich House’s donor databases in any form.
Communications with Greenwich House via the contact forms on our website are sent directly to Greenwich House email addresses. They are not managed by a third party, and Greenwich House does not retain your information outside of the email server.
Email addresses are collected by Greenwich House through direct opt-in sign-up forms through Constant Contact or MailChimp, donations, and event registrations. This information is only used for the purposes stated above. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time.
If you would like your personal information (data) to be removed or updated from our lists, please contact us.
Children Under the Age of 13
Use of our website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information on this website.
We occasionally publish our donor list in Greenwich House, Inc. documents, such as our newsletter and annual report, to recognize donors and thank them for their generosity. In such cases, other organizations and third parties have access to donor names and donation amounts. If you would like your gift to remain anonymous, please notify us, and your request will be honored.
At Greenwich House, we’re committed to accessibility. It is our policy to ensure that everyone, including persons with disabilities, has full and equal access to our website. Greenwich House strives to meet the accessibility standards per Federal ADA guidelines and WCAG 2.0 Accessibility standards, level AA.
Greenwichhouse.org was built to feature accessibility standards such as:
· Semantic Markup to indicate cascading content headers and their attendant sections
· Mobile and device/browser agnostic design using Cascading Style Sheets to present information
· Avoiding problematic elements like popups, iframes and timing-based content
· Avoiding using specific data layouts for presentational layers, like using a table to present non-tabular data
· Differentiating content-specific inline images v. background images
· Accessible form element markup, such as using label and grouping controls correctly, and avoiding non-browser input elements
· Enabling text to be resized without assistive technology
We strive to ensure the content of greenwichhouse.org is accessible by taking measures such as:
· Including alt-text for any images that are non-decorative
· Using video services that enable closed captioning for embedded videos
· Not using color to distinguish important information in the body of text
· Using live-text rather than text built into images for crucial information
· Reducing the necessity of accessing crucial information via document downloads, particularly for pages relating to senior services
If you encounter any accessibility issues or need any assistance with the site, please contact us at email@example.com or by calling (212) 991-0003 x 402