We’re Here to Help During the COVID-19 Outbreak: As we continue to monitor developments related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Senior Health and Consultation Center is closed until further notice, but will be offering half-hour phone sessions during the following times:
Monday: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Thursday: 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Call 917-821-5156 to schedule your appointment.
New clients can contact us at 917-821-5156 to get started.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Linda Giuliano, Director of Mental Health Services, at email@example.com or 917-821-5156.
As we age into mid and later life, new opportunities and challenges emerge. The Senior Health and Consultation Center is a geriatric mental health program that enables clients who are isolated, have overwhelmed family caregivers, or would likely have to be institutionalized for survival to remain safely in their homes and the community for as long as they choose and are able.
Our staff of clinical social workers, psychiatrists, internists and home health aides understands that clients come from all walks of life and are at different stages in the aging process, requiring unique attention. The interdisciplinary team approach combines mental health and geriatric consultation to address the whole person.
The Greenwich House Senior Health & Consultation Center is licensed by the New York State Office of Mental Health and partly funded by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Fees are on a sliding scale and we accept Medicare, Medicaid and supplemental insurance.
- Assessment and treatment planning for psychosocial, psychiatric and medical needs
- Individual psychotherapy services addressing identity, relationships, new and long-standing mental and/or medical health challenges
- Group therapy
- Psychiatric medication education and prescriptions as needed
- Annual health physicals and periodic health monitoring
- Home health aide assistance in conjunction with mental and medical health services as needed
- Referral to community resources for:
- Legal advocacy
- Intensive case management
- Benefits counseling
- Primary medical care enrollment
- Long-term home health services
- Life planning directives
- End of life care
Services are provided at the Senior Health and Consultation Center, but staff members will make home visits when appropriate. The SHCC is the only geriatric mental health program in New York City that provides home visits.
Contact us at 212-242-4140, ext. 251 to get started.